About

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tick tock it's zen o'clock

It's a funny thing, when you go off fertility treatment to have a break and retrieve some sense of life outside of IVF, there are those who think that you are immediately more relaxed about it all and in a state of zen.

Here's the revelation - It doesn't work that way!  I'm still finding myself counting the calender days, checking the state of the mucus (eeuuwww for those who don't understand that it's all about the mucus!) and cheering if it seems as if I've ovulated.  AND of course roping the 'usually quite willing man unless he's really tired' into shagging when I think that it's the 'right time of the month'.

Granted, it's nice not shooting up with a cocktail of hormones and being scanned for popping ovaries. Or being deposed of a good amount of blood every couple of days which is then used to provide a report card on my poor hard working body. But still - baby making is on my mind!

*sigh*

However - I've given myself a 'get out of jail free card' and I'm allowing this state of affairs to continue. After all, I'm at that biologically clock ticking time of life where baby making is on MANY women's mind and just because we are going cold turkey on IVF doesn't mean I can't think about it...does it?


Image source: stasiab on Etsy. This is so perfect for what I was trying to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...