About

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The self gee up that worked

I was in danger of falling into a 'blue funk' earlier this week (which is ok to do every now and then by the way regardless of your reasons!) and giving everything up before we even knew the outcome of round 5.

And then I was reminded that love never gives up and always hopes and if we are truly doing this whole IVF process out of love I shouldn't stop hoping or give up on these little snow people too early. In fact we shouldn't give up on any future kids...regardless of what happens in the immediate future.

Surprisingly, this little self gee up worked and rather than being a nervous wreck, prostrated on the couch, unable to do little else but eat copious quantities of chocolate and watch dodgy Christmas movies and Glee reruns, I've been getting into the pre-Christmas spirit quite nicely.

I've wrapped presents, made chocolate balls, apricot balls and gingerbread men are even on the cards (I'm so proud of my baking alter ego right now - although where's a Kitchenaid standing mixer when I need one!).

This is not to say that I won't be quietly heartbroken if this round doesn't work, but I guess I'm beginning to hold tighter to the fact that love will always come through one way or the other. 


Image source: Shirae Etsy shop

3 comments:

  1. Great work Ames on the positive self glee up, and all that fabulous baking!! Sending loads of love your way xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have everything crossed for you and your snow babies!

    Well done on the positivity and all that BAKING- I am impressed.

    Merry Christmas
    x J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks muchly both of you...you should see my little gingerbread people I made this morning...they are taking over my fridge!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...