About

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Down the rabbit hole

This morning I met a gorgeous bunch of women for high tea at Flaxton Tea Gardens, and in between sipping earl grey, munching on little itty bitty delights of goodness, and drowning in our own sweat (I mean seriously I was fantasizing about fans, air conditioners or even just bowls of ice to pour over my head) we talked about all the things that just have to be talked about when you're with people who understand.

And I was reminded by one of these ladies that everyone needs a soft place to land when the going gets tough.

The whole IVF journey is really like a trip down the 'Alice in Wonderland' rabbit hole and life can sometimes get a little warped down here.  Particularly when often you're on as many drugs as that caterpillar with the hookah pipe and feel like you've eaten half the mushroom - the wrong half!

It's so important to have people who you can just 'be' with and who are happy to sit with you at your 'mad' tea party. I really appreciate those who have joined in with me at times...sugar anyone?


Image source: Etsy shop thelittlefox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...