About

Monday, January 3, 2011

No predictions for 2011

Yesterday, while sipping a glass of cleanskin chardonnay (not a bad drop actually), I cleaned up the Christmas tree packing all the decorations away in their special box. And all the while I was thinking that I'd just put everything up.  Where did December disappear to?  No wait...where did the whole of 2010 go?

It's funny how the start of a new year feels so full of possibility and promise. What is it about the month of January that makes it so different from December? Is it holidays? Is it trying to reverse the effects of the Christmas/new year food binge? (Raise your hand if you fit into this boat *hand raised*)

I'm wondering what 2011 holds for us? The last couple of years I've tried to make predictions about what the year will hold (particularly in relation to the baby side of things...) but this year I have no idea and I'm certainly not making any type of predictions (as I've been so wrong in the  past)!!

I think for me, this year is about making the most of every opportunity and looking for open windows where doors have seemingly closed.  Come on 2011 - let's see what you've got!


Image source: thedreamygiraffe on Etsy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...