About

Friday, November 19, 2010

A declaration of war

I've declared war on 'what if' statements.  You know, the ones that torture you at 4am in the morning and keep you awake so you know the exact time that the magpies start warbling.  Or the ones that stand in the corner of your head and mock you for thinking positive thoughts.

Well enough is enough!  Life is too short and there are too many wonderful things to be excited about to let 'what ifs' be in control. The truth is that the future can change in an instant and I don't want to be too distracted to miss mine.

What was it that Winston Churchill said? We'll fight them on the beaches (fine by me, love the beach)...we'll fight them on the fields and in the streets (if this means going to parks and retail therapy, count me in!), we shall fight in the hills (Beverly Hills? Because I do have the travel bug and I'm ready to plan the next holiday), we shall never surrender!



Image source: Amazon.co.uk  Love this British motivational tin sign from WW2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...