About

Monday, November 15, 2010

Snap frozen peas

On Sunday I had two little snap frozen peas in a pod transferred. I say snap frozen becuase my fab technician told me that these little blastocysts had been chilled using a relatively new technique (Vitrification) which meant they were frozen in 3 minutes rather than over three hours. 

A little like the way they snap freeze veges to retain their freshness I would think (or not?) So in theory, these little ones should be as fresh and as sticky as they come! I mean, if these blastocysts were a Birds Eye product, we'd be singing a little ditty by now about how fresh they are...

So here's hoping that both or at least one of these two little peas in a pod decide stay around this time.  To help them along in the decision making process, we took them out on the town yesterday and showed them a good time. 

With their potential grandparents and cousin, we went and had a mango smoothie at Poets Cafe in Montville, then we had a little nap, then we went to the beach and made sandcastles and then we had fish and chips followed by icecream!  Can you seriously imagine a better day on the Coast?


I couldn't dream up a more perfect illustration for this post.  Those two little peas look almost EXACTLY like my two blastocysts! Love it. 

3 comments:

  1. What a perfect way to spend a Sunday Ames! I'll be cheering along your two little peas in the pod!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the imagery! and they did have a good time... as did we all! here's hoping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! the cheer squad is of course extremely welcome :) Get out those pom poms! We do have high hopes for this lot (as we always do)...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...