About

Friday, October 22, 2010

Egg testing 101

Today is Friday and I'm very thankful that it's the end of the week because I'm closer to 'the day I know whether I'm making up any supposed pregnancy symptoms in my head or not'. Which will be a relief one way or the other and ensure that my mental badminton is 'game, set, and match' once and for all!

In the meantime, I'm contemplating the omlette that is sitting rather badly in my stomach. In my defence I was really hungry when I woke up, and thought that egg was definitely on the menu. Unfortunately my insides have not agreed at all and have reminded me of this poor decision all morning.

I've been quaffing peppermint tea by the 'mug-load'  to settle things down, but to no avail. And now my ever resourceful brain is wondering if the eggs were bad or......

Although, I know the eggs were fine because I did the water test.  Fun Fact: If eggs are bad, they will float when you put them in a glass of water. If they are good, they will sink.  Both my eggs sank this morning. 

Now at the risk of sounding neurotic, I ALWAYS test my eggs before cracking them open.  It's a little trick my dad taught me very early in life. And in my opinion it's entirely worth 'floating the egg' to avoid cracking open that one rotton sucker that will inevitably come along. Who seriously wants to clean up that smelly mess!?

So I might put my eggs to better use and create something a little less eggy - like these soft cakey pumpkin cookies full of yummy spices, chocolate and goodness from Poppytalk. I have no doubt that my stomach will agree with these.


Image source: Jeannette Ordas of Everybody likes Sandwiches via Poppytalk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...