About

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Trying for babies is like being in real estate

Another day, another person I know gets pregnant. Why is that EVERYONE seems to be pregnant - except for me? Don't get me wrong - I'm entirely happy for anyone who is in the baby making way, and it's an amazing miracle every time it happens. I just wish it was my turn to announce it to the world.

It's a lot like buying houses really.  When we were looking to sell/buy real estate, there suddenly seemed to be so many 'for sale' signs around the place. I'd never really noticed them before.

It's the same while I've been trying to get pregnant. There are big fat wonderful bellies, babies, prams and toddlers everywhere I look these days. Go shopping or out for coffee and I'm surrounded!

Maybe it's just that my brain is so reproductively tuned that I've developed a sort of tunnel vision when I get out and about. 

Which is probably why I was so captured by this great picture I found while cruising the BrisStyle blog.  How cute is this little girl and I LOVE love LOVE the butterfly badge on her hat. If you want one you just need to go to the OZ Wildlife Studio Etsy store or visit the Mayo Festival in Brisbane this weekend (22-23 October) where they will have a stall.

Image source: Oz Wildlife Studio, Etsy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...