About

Monday, October 25, 2010

Valentino, brownies and beachball tummies

Today I went to the Valentino Retrospective Exhibition at the Queensland Art Gallery and loved it! I felt like the world's greatest fashion critic as I walked from dress to dress proclaiming a) whether I would wear it or not b) whether I thought it was wonderful or not and c) what was he thinking!? 

It was like my own personal hot or not commentary...just ignoring the fact that Valentino is in fact a well known fashion genius and there is no way I could ever come up with those designs in a blue fit.

I took this photo trying to be sneaky on my iPhone (no photography allowed) so please appreciate the artistry of a quick shot in the dark!  I did get in trouble after I took this one, so that was the end of that.


A good friend of mine who is 36 weeks pregnant was my date for the show and helped me turn what could potentially have been a day wallowing in my jammies on the couch into a fabulous day out.

We had coffee and cake (well she had a juice and cake and I had coffee and a brownie...seriously the best brownie full of white chocolate bits.  I got two thirds through it and my eyes were saying yes but my stomach was saying no....so sad), a good gossip and I was reminded that successful pregnancies can and do tend to happen.  And I loved feeling little knobs of knees (maybe elbows?) through her gorgeous beach ball of a tummy.  He even kicked when I said goodbye!

So I found a bit of hope, and a lot of unexpected fun (with a very pregnant friend) on the day after a very disappointing result to our last IVF round. 

Life just goes on doesn't it. Onwards to Round 4!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm I could eat that Carrot Cake all over again... glad we finally made it to the Valentino show! You will have your very own set of knobbly knees and elbows in your belly to play with one day, I know it!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I'll make sure that I poke around to get a kick ore elbow or two as well ;-) I could finish that brownie today I think! Should've got a doggie bag...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...